Wednesday 27 August 2014

SEA

I moved to london when I was 18. And had taken the sea for granted my whole life. We were a short drive from some of the most stunning British landscapes, but didn't really appreciate their power or beauty till I had left.

So every time we come to Newcastle I always make sure we make it to the coast. It instantly makes me calmer and feels like I can actually breathe. I love London, it's one of the most exciting cities in the world, but I think it's important to get your "countryside/ seaside" fix too! To recharge batteries and to remind us there are forces of nature that dwarf us and any technologies. Their beauty and significance often gets over looked in the fast paced bubble of the metropolis, and it's easy to see why. It's as if you leave the city and stand in front of the sea and it instantly slows you, silences you and forces you to stop, even for a minute.






No comments:

Post a Comment